- Q: Does Quinta Mazatlan offer programs for children?
A: Yes, during the school year we focus on curriculum driven science programs for school groups. In the summer, we specialize in weekly children’s camps. Throughout the year, we offer programs on Saturdays for families and scout/youth groups. For more information visit “Youth Education”.
- Q: Does Quinta Mazatlan offer tours for adults?
A: Yes, October through April, we offer public and private group tours on topics including birding, history, native landscaping, and more. For more information visit “Programs & Events”.
- Q. Does Quinta Mazatlan offer a nature speaker series?
A. Yes, October through April we feature a speaker every Thursday evening for your enjoyment and enrichment. For more information visit “Programs & Events”.
- Q. Does Quinta Mazatlan have special events?
A. Yes, we host annual events for your learning enjoyment. For more information visit “Programs & Events”.
- October - Palm Fest and Planta Nativa
- November - Monarch Festival
- March - Annual Fundraiser, “Moon over Mazatlan”
An evening event with dinner and entertainment for Environmental Education Funding
- March- Monarch Celebration
- Q. What birds will I see at Quinta Mazatlan?
A. Depending on the time of year, you’ll see birds that live at Quinta Mazatlan all year long (residents) and birds that migrate through the property (neotropical migrants) in the spring and fall, as well as some birds who spend the winter here. Visit “Birds of South Texas” for a list of the birds.
- Q. Which plants attract birds and butterflies?
A. We recommend native plants as they provide food for wildlife and were born for the weather in the Rio Grande Valley. Visit “Native Plants of the RGV” for a list of native plants.
- Q. Can I rent Quinta Mazatlan for events?
A. Yes, we have a variety of rental packets from day business meetings to evening celebrations at the mansion. Visit “Facility Rental” for more information on renting Quinta Mazatlan for your special event.
- Q. Does Quinta Mazatlan offer volunteer opportunities?
A. Yes, we offer indoor and outdoor volunteer opportunities and welcome your call. Visit "Support the Garden" for more information.
- Q. Does Quinta Mazatlan have a gift store?
A. Yes, we have a Nature Store with books and unique gifts from artists in the Rio Grande Valley. Visit the “Store & Gallery” for more information.
- Q. Does Quinta Mazatlan offer sponsorship opportunities?
A. Yes, our friends and supporters make it possible to advance the mission of Quinta Mazatlan. The urban sanctuary works to enrich people’s lives by sharing knowledge about birds, plants and environmental stewardship in South Texas. Visit “Support the Garden” for more information.