Nature Speaker Series
Explore nature with great speakers discussing topics from birds and butterflies to culture and art of the Rio Grande Valley. Thursday Nights 6:00- 7:00 P.M. This educational program is brought to you by the generous sponsorship of Thurmond Eye Associates.
Joel Laviolette & Rattletree, Austin, Texas
February 11th at 6 pm
The Nature Lecture series takes place Thursday evenings from 6 pm to 7 pm through April 2016 and is proudly sponsored by Thurmond Eye Associates. The park admission is $3 per person which includes the program and no advanced reservation is required. Quinta Mazatlan World Birding Center is located at 600 Sunset in McAllen, one block south of La Plaza Mall in 10th Street. For more information contact Quinta Mazatlan at (956) 681-3370 or visit www.quintamazatlan.com. We advise you to arrive early as seating is limited.
Spring 2016 Speaker Series Schedule
- February 11- Valentines Concert in the Park featuring Joel Laviolette & Rattletree, Austin
- February 18- Citrus in the RGV: Eleisha Ensign, Texas Citrus Mutual
- February 25- Agriculture in the RGV: Brad Cowan, County Extension Agent- Agriculture
- March 3- Rare Birds in Texas: Erik Bruhnke, owner of Naturally Avian
- March 17- Milkweed and Monarch: Mark Klym, TPWD, Austin
- March 24- Raptors in the RGV, Bill Clark
- March 31- Water-wise Gardening: Plant Beautiful Natives of the Valley Richard Moore-Unveiling of new Documentary Sponsored by McAllen Public Utility (MPU)
- April 7- Caterpillars and Butterflies: Berry Nall
Explore nature Thursday evenings with great speakers talking about everything from birds and butterflies to culture and art of the Rio Grande Valley.
The educational series is brought to you by the generous sponsorship of Thurmond Eye Associates.
Regular Schedule & Fees
|Date: ||Thursday Evenings (October through April) |
|Time: ||6:00 pm to 7:00 pm |
|Fee: ||$3.00 Per Person |
FREE with Membership