Nature Speaker Series
Explore nature with great speakers discussing topics from birds and butterflies to culture and art of the Rio Grande Valley. Thursday Nights 6:00- 7:00 P.M. This educational program is brought to you by the generous sponsorship of Thurmond Eye Associates.
2015-2016 Speaker Series Schedule
- October 1- Native Plant Talk& Sale: Betty Perez Ranch Nursery
- October 8- Environment, Art & Economy-Interdependence & Success in Ancient & Modern Mexico: Rachel Brown Visual Arts & Music, Professor STC
- October 15- Beetle Mania with Dr. Don Thomas
- October 22- Draw Nature Outdoors-Made Easy with artist Jessica Monroe
- October 29- Naming Britain's 1st National Bird by David Lindo & Touring a Birders Paradise in Spain by Vanesa Palacios
- November 5- Kiskadee of Death: Author Jan Dunlap unveils her newest mystery book
- November 12- Birds & Buds: Richard Moore presents his newest video "Birds of South Texas" outdoor screening ($5.00)
- November 19- A Worldwide Travel Guide to Sea Turtles: Author Melissa Gaskill
- December 3- Birds in Folklore, Mythology or Legends
- December 10- Christmas Concert in the Park ($5.00)
Explore nature Thursday evenings with great speakers talking about everything from birds and butterflies to culture and art of the Rio Grande Valley.
The educational series is brought to you by the generous sponsorship of Thurmond Eye Associates.
Regular Schedule & Fees
|Date: ||Thursday Evenings (October through April) |
|Time: ||6:00 pm to 7:00 pm |
|Fee: ||$3.00 Per Person |
FREE with Membership