Quinta Mazatlan will proudly open Ebony Grove to the public on Saturday, May 13th at "Del Sol", a celebration of solar power, from 9:00 am- Noon. Special "Light Switch" ceremony at 9:30 am to open the grove, followed by an array of exhibits and activities, including solar power education, live birds of prey, STEM solar science activities, Ebony Tree tent, native plant restoration information, bird and grove tours, and "Ebony Van Grove", an arts and crafts area for expressing your own 'soul'ar power. Cost: $3 adults, $2 children and seniors. Please call (956) 681-3370 or visit www.quintamazatlan.com for more information.
Learn how the new Solar Pavilion donated by the Green Mountain Energy Sun Club is using the power of the sun to produce clean energy at Quinta Mazatlan.
- Have fun at Ebony Van Grove: Easel Painting, Solar Prints, UV Solar Beads Crafts
- Earn a FREE Solar Badge from Green Mountain Energy Sun Club
- Visit the McAllen Public Utility Water Conservation Booth
- Learn About the Giving Tree- The Texas Ebony
- Visit the Solar Energy Exhibit by Alba Energy
- Go on Grove Tours
- Receive FREE Solar Shades
- Enjoy Face Painting and Snacks
- 9:30 am- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony by the City of McAllen & Friends of Quinta Mazatlan, Official Green Mountain Energy Sun Club "Flip of the Switch" on the Solar Pavilion, HEB Welcomes Guests to the Restored Thorn Forest.
- 10:00 am & 11:30 am- LIVE Birds of Prey Show- Sky King Falconry
|Date ||Saturday, May 13, 2017 |
|Time: ||9:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. |
|$3 adults, $2 children and seniors (children 2 & under free) |