School Science Programs
All grade levels are invited to visit Quinta Mazatlan, the McAllen Wing of the World Birding Center where both students and teachers will experience a fun-filled day of outdoor learning.
With age appropriate curriculum our science based programs are designed to teach and engage students in exploring the natural world using their senses and investigative tools. All educational field trips meet TEKS Science and Social Studies objectives and promote hands-on learning allowing students to “step into the world of science."
Field trips to the nature center occur year round, and in any season students and educators will delight in the sights, sounds, and smells of nature. With colorful native plants and forest critters, learning has never been so easy and so much fun.
Quinta Mazatlan Educational Goals:
- Provide students with awareness, appreciation, and understanding of the natural & cultural history of South Texas
- Provide students with experiential learning
- Enable students to apply scientific processes and higher order thinking to resolve problems
- Encourage students to analyze and evaluate available information
- Encourage creativity and originality
- Inspire and empower students to care for their environment, make informed decisions, and take responsible action
Schedule & Fees
|Time: ||9 am to 12 pm |
|Fee: ||$6.00 per student; Teachers and chaperones are free. |
|Registration: ||Advanced registration, payment and preparation are required. |
|Attendance: ||Minimum-10 students or $50.00 |
Maximum-determined by staff availability.
Science based enrichment programs for children of all ages.